1. How do I reserve the date?
To reserve the date, please call us on 01621 860698 or email us to first confirm availability.
2. What is required to reserve the date?
A deposit of £350 is required to reserve the date, with the balance payable three weeks before the wedding day. We accept credit cards and Paypal.
3. Do we meet up with the photographer and are consultations included in the collection prices?
Yes, we would encourage meeting up at least a month before the wedding day to run through the events and order of the day and also agree on the photo plan and manage your expectations. If you cannot get to us, we often suggest Skype or Facetime video to discuss the day.
All consultations are included, and we do not limit the amount of consultations to discuss your wedding day plans or the photography.
4. Can we include a list of formal groups in the collection?
Yes, we often suggest 6 to 8 groups in the photo plan and that forms part of our contract.
5. How long do you stay?
All our photo collections start from bride getting ready (two hours before the ceremony time) through to the first half hour of your first dance.
6. What if my first dance is delayed or is scheduled for later in the evening, will that be covered within the collection price?
Yes, the first dance will always be covered in all our collections and we will never consider this event as an extension.
7. Will sunsets and blue hour be covered?
Yes, weather permitting, all our collections include sunset and blue hour coverage.
8. Is editing / split tinting of our images included in the price of the collection?
All your pictures are edited for tonal balance and split tinting is also offered to reflect the mood of the moment.
9. Do we have to decide on the album type or even an album before booking?
The coverage is the most important part of your wedding, and all collections provide identical high quality coverage of the day. The price differential between various collections are product driven.
The album addition or album choice can be decided after the wedding.
10. How long do you retain the digital images?
Once the high resolution files are given to you, we do not retain them for more than 6 months thereafter. You are advised to back-up the digital files to an external drive and even consider cloud storage.
11. Are all images corrected for colour and contrast in the set?
Yes, each image is individually assessed for colour, density and tonal range before we write onto the USB drive for you. They are ready to print up to 15 inch (long side). Monochrome images are also given alongside where pictures would look better in monochrome.
12. How far do you travel?
Our target wedding clients and venues are mainly based in Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and London. However, if you would like us to attend a wedding venue more than 60 miles from Essex or outside of the UK, we are willing to consider your reservation, the extras will be return air fares and hotel stay.